Wednesday, January 25

Family Values

I wanted to share something I made last week. First, the back story: We got this big frame (approximately 24x36) from our neighbor. It is missing the glass, but it has this great matting. I was going through photos trying to narrow my stack down to just fifteen, when I realized I could use the frame to make something I've had on my craft to-do list. I've seen this idea around the blog scene lately: a compilation of core family values put to word art. They are usually stenciled with paint onto a hanging board or sometimes painted right onto the drywall in a home. With this big frame, I made my own version. It took about three hours to cut the 4x4 and 4x6 cardstock pieces and use my CriCut to make the words and glue them.

Voila! It feels great to accomplish a project, doesn't it?

For those who haven't seen those other art pieces, it reads like this:
In this home, we do LOVE
In this home, we do COMMITMENT
In this home, we do GRACE
In this home, we do SECOND CHANCES
In this home, we do GRATITUDE
In this home, we do REAL
In this home, we do HONOR
In this home, we do I'M SORRY
In this home, we do TEAMWORK
In this home, we do BIG DREAMS
In this home, we do FUN
In this home, we do BOLD PRAYERS
In this home, we do JESUS
In this home, we do HUGS

I challenge you to consider what values you want to uphold and teach in your home, and once you decide, go ahead and display them. As with any big goal, keeping the vision in mind every day determines your success!

No comments:

Post a Comment