Wednesday, August 15

Fight From the Place of Victory

Hello friends!
I hope you are all enjoying the summer and the great things that come with it - sunshine, beach days, thriving gardens, getting outside and experiencing life to the full! I have an update on my summer in the works, which will be posted later this week. But I felt the need to share this today - it is too good to keep to myself! I am feeling the passion today, so bear with my preachin' below ;)

I get daily email encouragements from Joseph Prince Ministries, and today's was very powerful for me. I know it will also encourage you; the Word of God never returns void, so I know it will at least plant a seed in whomever has a chance to read it.
This devotional talks about how we need to be fighting FROM the place of Victory that Jesus has [already] secured us, instead of fighting FOR Victory in our lives. Fighting FOR Victory in our challenges is a waste of time and energy, because God has already taken care of it- He has the Victory and that work is finished because of what Jesus did on the Cross! I hope you take a couple minutes to read it and let it encourage you, and propel you forward in your life as another tool in your toolbelt for a life of following Christ :)

I thank God for the ways His word comes alive in this generation. He is not done with us yet; there are better days in store for each one of us! No matter what you are going through, choose to believe that there are greater things ahead for His Church and His people on the earth!

Jeremiah 29:11 (MSG): "I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for."

Romans 8:37 (CEB): "But in all these things we win a sweeping victory through the one who loved us."



Fight From Victory, Not For Victory
Ephesians 6:11
11
Put on the whole amour of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

God does not need you to defeat the devil today. Jesus has already done it and given you the victory. (Colossians 2:15, Romans 8:37) Your part is to enforce the victory by simply standing your ground, which is victory ground. In other words, you “fight” from victory ground by standing. You don’t fight forvictory.

In Ephesians 6:10–18, the passage on spiritual warfare, the word “wrestle” appears only once (verse 12), while the word “stand” appears four times — “stand against the wiles of the devil”, “withstand in the evil day”, “having done all, to stand”, “Stand therefore”. (Verses 11, 13–14) Four times the Holy Spirit tells us to stand. Yet, many Christians are focusing on wrestling their way to victory!

My friend, you are already on victory ground. You already have everything in Christ. (1 Corinthians 3:21, 23) You are already blessed with every spiritual blessing in Christ. (Ephesians 1:3). The devil knows this. And that is why his tactic is to deceive you and make you think that you don’t have the victory.

So when he attacks you by saying, “Look at that small sum in your bank account! How are you going to pay the bills?” stand your ground. Declare, “I am not trying to be rich, I am rich. In Christ, I am rich!” It doesn’t matter how much you have in the bank. You are rich because you are in Christ. And as the need arises, the supply will be there if you believe that you are already rich.

It is the same with healing. The devil will try to attack you with symptoms in your body. He will try to put pain in your body, and make you feel weak here and there, so that you think that you are still sick. He is trying to make you believe that you don’t have your healing. That is the time to be conscious of Jesus’ finished work and declare, “I am not trying to get healed, I am healed! I am standing on the victory ground which Jesus has given me!”

Beloved, it makes a world of difference when you fight from victory and not forvictory!

No comments:

Post a Comment