Wednesday, May 1

My Healing God

Jeremiah 30:17 says, "'But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,' declares the Lord."

I have had this verse posted on mirrors, cabinets, walls, above the kitchen sink, in the bathroom (can I get an Amen from my IBD/colitis/Crohns peeps?), all over my house the past few years. I was just at my desk, thinking about this blog post and just what to write about, and I saw one of the cardstock rectangles posted above my desk with this scripture, and I marvelled - what a truth.

In the Old Testament God calls Himself "Jehovah Rapha," meaning "I am God who heals you." He wants His people to know that is one of His attributes, and call and think of Him that way.

I am so thankful for that.

God who heals me. I am healed. My body is finally getting that message, and showing it.


I had a crazy few weeks between mid March and mid April. I was in two hospitals, three different times, I had multiple blood transfusions totaling ten or so units of blood, I had an ambulance ride, I met some great doctors, I was in hospital ten days, and I just wanted to go home and be with my baby girl. Finally, the last time I was discharged, I was told that if this one last new med I could try did not work, my spleen or my colon would need removing through surgery.

Well, that was three weeks ago. I have been getting stronger and having less and less colitis symptoms every day. I haven't had to get any blood transfusions. I did start that new med, but I hated the side effects and quit after a week.

I have so much to say, and not enough words. I just wanted to post and say, glory to God, I know I am getting well, and I am loving being back in the game of LIFE again! Playing with my daughter, cooking my family dinner, catching up on house projects, planning special celebrations coming this summer, feeling stronger and better and FREE from IVs and blood and appointments. What a refreshing and welcomed change it is!

Thank you to each one who has prayed, declared, encouraged, and stood firm on my behalf.
I still have a journey to complete healing. Each day I am carefully monitoring my need for rest, how my diet and stress affect my body, taking all my supplements, accepting and finding help when needed. I'm not 100%, but I am stable, it feels like colitis is headed into remission, and the ITP is burning out.
I am standing on that!
But I am so thankful for these three weeks so far, what an encouragement. I can't wait for all the great things coming up in my life-at church, in my marriage, as a mom, as a woman with purpose. Life is good! Push on through the hard times, there is always joy to be found, always!

1 comment: