Tuesday, April 5

Cloth Diapering Pt. IV - All-Natural Baby Wipes

While I'm still undecided on what fabric to use for my homemade baby wipes, Hubs and I are both set on using cloth wipes as well as cloth diapering. We're both feeling great about the fact that we'll know exactly what is going to be next to Baby's skin, instead of being at the mercy of giant American companies that use all kinds of unpronounceable chemicals in their products (many of which aren't allowed even for adult products in Europe! ick!).

I think I've decided on the solution we'll use for our baby wipes. Here is the recipe:

1 cup water
1 tbsp. Baby Dr. Bronner's liquid castile
1 tbsp. apricot oil or almond oil
2 drops tea tree essential oil
5 drops lavender essential oil

I got the recipe from this great little article at Natural Family Online. I really enjoyed the article. It lists a very basic to do/must have list for new parents. It's like they read my mind and then wrote the article!
Hubs and I have been trying our hardest to stay away from all the little doo-dads and fancy accessories that the baby industry tries to get you to think you need when you're shopping for your first baby. I've been to enough baby showers and hung around enough experienced moms to know that much of that stuff is just not needed. My goal is to stick with what is simple, healthy, and necessary for my baby. The most important thing she needs, after all, is love and good care. Those things do not cost any money and make the most difference in a baby's life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment