Thursday, May 2

An Education on....(BEDIM: Day 2)

It is Day 2 of the Blog Every Day in May Challenge, and I am on it!

For anyone joining in on the blogging fun, check out the links above for the list of the 31 days of topics!

The theme or topic suggestion for today [Day 2] is "Education."

Let me begin by explaining that I am typically a very thorough, detailed person when it comes to something I really want to learn, or that I'm passionate about. And I have a decent memory about such things.
Because of this, I have endless files of information in my head, and when I access those "files" I am concerned with making sure facts are correct, and I will check multiple sources usually before I am satisfied. I take it super seriously even just conversing lightheartedly with a friend, to make sure I'm not misleading. For better or worse, that's me  :)
That being said, in trying to pick a topic about which to "educate" my readers for today's post, I realized it would literally turn into an all nighter fact checking situation with coffee, Google, and stiff muscles. That's not fun, and blogging should be fun! See, at least I know enough to tell myself when I need to lighten up ;)
So instead of that all nighter nonsense, I thought it would be fun to just list all the topics I was considering for this post. I know a bit about this stuff:

  • Liver transplants (P.S. my twelve year transplant anniversary is this Sunday!!!)
  • Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis -the liver disease
  • Celiac disease
  • ulcerative colitis
  • autoimmune disease
  • ITP (autoimmune/idiopathic thrombocytopenia purpura)
  • anemia
  • blood transfusions
  • which hospitals in the Seattle region have the best food
  • gluten free living
  • the Paleo/Ancestral way of eating
  • leaky gut syndrome
  • how to modify recipes for multiple food allergies
  • college crew / sweep rowing
  • cloth diapers
  • breastfeeding
  • how to pick the perfect name for your baby
  • how to live as a family of three, with lots of medical related expenses, on one income
  • Gilmore Girls - anything and everything about that wonderful TV masterpiece
  • basic sewing
  • basic knitting
  • basic gardening
  • surviving home remodels while living in the house
  • living in and organizing a very small home
  • how to choose joy, no matter what
 So that's fun :)







3 comments:

  1. Emily - I love your outlook on life! You know when to lighten up, which is something I need to learn. Maybe you can educate me! LOL! The last part of your list I can relate to... the "basics", living through a remodel, living in a small home, and best of all... the Gilmore Girls! One of the shows ever!! Thanks for "educating" us today. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! I have had a lot of intense experiences to practice lightening up, but I still have to do the "will this matter in five years five months or even five minutes?" test often. We'll get there :)

      Delete
  2. Ok, I kinda want to hear what you have to say about ALL of the above! Haha! Especially the fun ones, like organizing a small home, and choosing joy no matter WHAT! You're so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete