Monday, May 6

What do I do? (BEDIM: Day 6)

Day 6 of the Blog Every Day in May challenge: "If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, "what do you do?""

I have been to enough parties, weddings, and other small-talky events since my last full time job (four years ago) that I have a lot of practice thinking about this. I for one would rather hear a list of someone's varied talents and pursuits than a description of their nine to five hours. That's not how American society works, but I secretly wonder if I am not alone on that.

Without further ado, here is a surely incomplete list of "what I do:"

  • I breathe
  • I think
  • I dream
  • I endure
  • I hope
  • I believe
  • I choose joy
  • I love
  • I believe the best
  • I help
  • I nurture
  • I grow
  • I read
  • I learn
  • I problem solve
  • I get creative
  • I hunt for treasures
  • I ask
  • I listen
  • I give the benefit of the doubt
  • I welcome and include
  • I empathize
  • I feel
  • I hear
  • I pray
  • I make the best of things
  • I fight on
  • I feed my faith and starve my fears
  • I speak truth
  • I cherish my blessings
  • I wonder
  • I worship
  • I press in and press onon
  • I seek adventure
  • I take risks
  • I analyze
  • I look past the negatives
  • I see how things could be better
  • I encourage
  • I speak up when needed
  • I sit back and observe often
  • I honor my heroes
  • I strive for the best
  • I hold myself to (too?) high standards
  • I perfect
  • I get intense
  • I lighten up
  • I smile
  • I laugh
  • I LIVE, determined to not die, until a fulfilled old age

No comments:

Post a Comment