Tuesday, March 1

Our Baby Victory

Hubs and I decided on the name for our future baby girl over a year ago. It didn't matter so much that we don't know if we'll ever have a baby girl. It mattered that, if we are given a daughter, her name will be Victory. This name means so much to both of us, and represents the journey we've walked out and all the things God has done to make this miracle happen. I am a liver transplant recipient, with active ulcerative colitis, food allergies, suspected Celiac disease, inflammatory arthritis, as well as near-constant anemia (translation: six separate issues that can cause infertility and pregnancy complications). And I am four months pregnant with a healthy baby.

The fact that I am pregnant and expecting a healthy baby is a miracle, and a great personal victory. It is a testimony of God moving on our behalf. There is no way that I can describe it to anyone to fully convey how important this word and this name is to us. Maybe just a few close friends understand. God has done so much for us in the past year and even in these first few months of 2011, and we are so grateful!

You must understand that I am very into names, I always have been. So if my whole process seems over the top to you, that's fine. Choosing a name is a BIG deal, in my opinion. A name gives a person an identity, an idea of the feelings that their parents held surrounding their existence, and even a vision for their life. Here are a few verses I've sought out to represent how we feel about our little Victory on the way. If we are right and this baby is a little daughter, we will share these scriptures with her as she grows up, teaching her the meaning of her name and always reminding her that she is a miracle that God purposed to live!

For the Lord your God is going with you! He will fight for you against your enemies [UC, anemia, Celiac, allergies, etc?!] and He will give you {Victory}! Deuteronomy 20:4

How the king rejoices in your strength, O Lord! He shouts with joy because you give him {Victory}. Psalm 21:1

They did not conquer the land with their swords; it was not their own strong arm that gave them {Victory}. It was your right hand and strong arm and the blinding light from your face that helped them, for you loved them. Psalm 44:3

I wait quietly before God, for my {Victory} comes from him. Psalm 62:1

The Lord is my strength and my song; he has given me {Victory}. Psalm 118:14

I thank you for answering my prayer and giving me {Victory}! Psalm 118:21

No comments:

Post a Comment